Tuesday 7 December 2010

My changing Impression

JAPAN, what kind of impact has this country brought to me from my earliest impression of it till today?

Hmm.. Let's go through the 4 months of my life here. There were times I was amazed, I discovered a lot of new things and experienced a whole different culture. No words can describe how I felt through all the changing and receiving what this beautiful country has to offer. However, there were hard times as well. Trying to remember how different life was for me here and back home. Getting accustomed to the hot and cold weather of Japan. Seeing unpleasant sights of the hectic life style here. It was interesting and intriguing at the same time.

    
Japan has brought about a whole other level of experience for me. It has been fun and enjoyable, not to mention colouful as well. It's an experience that blows my mind and WALLET away. YES, my wallet as well. Everything in Japan is so expensive.
Yen, the Japanese currency is so small and yet so big at the same time. Looking from an economic point of view, living standards in this part of the world is exceptionally high. I would not want to live like that forever. As much as I love Japan, I would not want to live here. And that is probably the biggest change I felt towards this country. I had always wanted to migrate from Malaysia to somewhere else. Had my eyes set for Japan because Japan is also an Asian Country that shares a lot of similarities in terms of culture.


However, this trip to Japan changed my mind. I would and will come back for more sight seeing and holidays  but I could not see myself living the rest of my life here. Houses are small, cars are expensive, clothes and food are sky high prices. I have been too pampered with the life style I have back home. My house is not exceptionally big but It's also not as small as compared to the standard houses in Japan. And, I drive whenever I leave the house, food and clothes are much cheaper although not as fashionable, but I can live with that.

All and all, I love this country but it's just not my cup of tea.....(",)
 

1 comment:

  1. It takes a while in Japan before your situation changes and matches the economy - I suppose a semester is not sufficient for that. The same might be said for adapting to the culture as well. But I am sure you are grateful for the experience. Thank you for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete